FMQ - Waiting

Пост-па́нк (англ. post-punk) — жанр рок-музыки, сложившийся в конце 1970-х годов в Великобритании как продолжение панк-рока.

Модератор: Админы

FMQ - Waiting

Сообщение dylan6782 » Ср июн 08, 2011 5:21 pm

FMQ - Waiting

From Youtube.com

Описание:

When the mini album The Mystery Of A Dying Species was released in 1983, the phase of the
electronic post punk era started for the Greek underground scene.

fmqWhen bass player George Makridis and singer Takis Polyhronopoulos decided to leave the Parthenogenesis
in 1981 to form the band, Forward Music Quintet.
Natasha Streuberg Syreggela took over the keyboards, Elle on the guitars and Von Braun on the drums.
They opened for the New Order when they played in Sporting in 1982 and went on a number of gigs around Greece with the Greek new wave band TVC.

Side A
Make Sure
Wait
For The Quiet Life

Side B
Waiting
I Will Not Apologise
Nocturnal Horror

The Mystery Of A Dying Species was a selfreleased 6 track mini album that sometimes was close to Gary Newmans
early releases (in songs such as Make Sure) and sometimes becoming dark and atmospheric (Wait and Waiting).
Songs like For the Quiet Life and I will not Apologise make obvious of their influences by the english band, Magazine.
Nocturnal Horror that closes the album, is an experimental track.

The band would release in 1985 the album Glory and Betrayal and in 1991, their last album came out, titled Vanishing Soldiers
with only two members remaining from the original line up, George Makridis and Natasha Streuberg Syreggela.

Their last gig, as far as I know, was at Rodon Club - Athens sometime during 1991.

dylan6782

Вернуться в Пост-панк